The Wahoo TICKR is a heart rate monitor intended for use with iOS and Android devices,
as well as GPS watches over Bluetooth and ANT+ connections. When paired to your device,
the TICKR tracks heart rate, calories, workout time, distance, and pace information.
Download the Full Wahoo TICKR Quick Start Guide as a PDF for instructions in English and other languages.
HOW TO WEAR THE TICKR
- Snap the sensor into one side of strap.
- Adjust the strap to fit on your chest snugly, but comfortably.
- Moisten the contact points on the back of the strap with saliva or electrode gel to improve conductivity.
- Wrap the loose end of the strap around your chest and snap into place.
PAIRING TO THE WAHOO FITNESS APP
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app from the App Store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on.
- Wake up your TICKR by wearing it on your chest (or touching both buckle terminals). The TICKR wakes when heartbeats are detected.
- After logging in or creating an account, select Pair or link sensors in the bottom section.
- Select Add New Sensor, then Setup wizard and follow the prompts for TICKR.
- After tapping continue, select your TICKR once it appears.
- Be sure to install any updates, if available, then select Finish Setup to complete pairing.
Your TICKR is now set up and ready for action! To use your TICKR, simply select your workout type on the main workout tab and start a workout. The Wahoo Fitness app will remember this pairing in the future so that next time you can simply wake up your TICKR and start a new workout to begin recording data!
STARTING A WORKOUT
- Make sure the device has Bluetooth turned on so it can communicate with your TICKR.
- Select a workout type on the main Workout page, then tap START WORKOUT.
- Wake up your TICKR by wearing it on your chest. Heartrate is displayed when properly connected.
- Select the green Start button to begin the workout. Information from your TICKR will be recorded on your device.
ENDING A WORKOUT
- To end your workout, simply select the red Pause button.
- Select the red Stop button and either a) Discard Workout b) Save Workout or c) Return to Workout.
- When a workout is saved, the Wahoo Fitness app will automatically display a workout summary.
PAIRING TO ANOTHER APP
The Wahoo TICKR is compatible with a number of third party apps. However, each app connects to sensors a little differently. That stated, the process generally looks like this:
- Open the compatible app you would like to use and navigate to the settings page.
- Look for "connect to sensor" or a similar option.
- Each app must connect your TICKR independently to function properly.
NOTE: Though Bluetooth devices now pair to up to 3 apps at a time, it's always recommended to close any background apps or devices that may still be using the TICKR before connecting to a new app to avoid any possibility of interference.
MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
REPLACING THE TICKR BATTERY
- Using a coin, remove the back casing of the device by inserting into the depression and turning anti-clockwise to the "unlocked” position.
- Replace the dead battery with a new CR2032 coin cell battery. For best performance and tracking, use a name brand battery such as Panasonic, Duracell, Energizer, etc.
- Replace the back casing and use the coin to turn clockwise to tighten to the "lock” position.
STILL HAVING TROUBLE?
Please see our TICKR Troubleshooting Article for steps to solve most common problems.
If you still need help, please Contact Wahoo Support here and we'll be glad to assist! You can also use the Settings > Info + Help > Send support email function from within the Wahoo Fitness app to attach a log with your query, allowing us to better answer your questions.
Have more questions? Visit support.wahoofitness.com for additional support.