Pairing with the ELEMNT Companion App is essential to setup most ELEMNT features. Continue below to explore each app page, or check out the ELEMNT Feature Guide for instant help with specific features.
Quickly add sensors, toggle indoor riding, select a route or planned workout, share your location, or view the ride map.
During a workout, your progress is tracked on the map and a live ride summary with additional details expands below.
Tap for quick access to the sensor page where you can add new sensors, find saved sensors, or rename or remove an existing sensor. See the ELEMNT Sensor Pairing Guide for more details.
Choose a Route:
Routes make navigation a breeze. For full details on using routes, see the ELEMNT Routes Guide.
Pick a Planned Workout:
Build workouts in advance and get individualized coaching through Training Peaks or Today's Plan. See the Planned Workouts Guide for everything you need to know.
Toggle INDOOR mode for use with a smart trainer following the ELEMNT KICKR and SNAP Control Guide.
Share Live Track Link:
Send a link to friends and family to share your location as you ride. Check out the full Live Tracking Guide for specifics.
Note: Live Tracking requires a paired phone with an active internet connection and location services enabled.
See your total odometer and completed workouts. Select a workout to display detailed data and statistics, then press the edit icon (on iOS) or the 3 vertical dots (on Android) to rename and delete.
Automatic Workout Uploads:
Workouts upload automatically to connected services over WiFi. For details and instructions see Understanding Automatic Uploads.
To delete or rename a workout:
- iOS: Tap Edit on the top left to select multiple workouts for deletion, or press and hold on a workout and select Edit workout to rename or delete individually.
- Android: Long press a workout to delete multiple workouts, or tap a workout then the 3 vertical dots on the top right to rename or delete individually.
Login to your Wahoo account, connect 3rd party services, edit your personal info, or modify power and heart rate zones.
About You (Wahoo Cloud Sign In):
Sign into the Wahoo Cloud to enable automatic uploads to your favorite sites and services, fill your profile info from the cloud, sync workout data across Wahoo apps, and sync routes with 3rd party services. Use this section to enter details like height, weight, and gender for personalized fitness calculations like calorie burn and heart rate zones.
Authorized Apps / Connected apps:
Once logged into the Wahoo cloud, tap to automatically upload workouts and sync routes by linking or authorizing 3rd party services.
Use the default, or enter a personal Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and customize power zones.
Heart Rate Zones:
Use calculated defaults or customize Heart Rate Zones to suit your preference.
Customize displayed pages, data, LEDs & sound, backlight timeout, and the auto shutdown timer.
Reconfigure existing workout pages or add up to 3 personalized pages to display on your ELEMNT. Full instructions available in the ELEMNT Page Customization Guide.
- LEDs & Sound:
Toggle the LEDs and sound alerts on or off. For more details please see our ELEMNT Lights and Sounds Guide.
- Backlight and Auto Shutdown:
Customize backlight and Auto Shutdown after a specified period of inactivity to save battery..
Connect sensors to record powerful fitness data.
- Set Up Sensors:
Add sensors like one of our TICKR Heart Rate Monitors, RPM Speed and Cadence, or a power meter to collect and display data during your workout. Details on adding and removing sensors are available in the ELEMNT Sensor Pairing Guide.
- Include zeros in average cadence / power:
Disabling one of these options will avoid calculating periods of inactivity during unpaused portions of rides into recorded cadence and/or power averages.
Live Track & Maps
Send your location to others, keep maps updated, and change map orientation
- Live Track:
Enable Live Track to share your location with others while riding. See the Live Track Guide for requirements and more info.
- Manage Maps:
Add, remove, and update maps on your ELEMNT. For instructions and details see the ELEMNT Maps Guide.
Note: Because WiFi is needed to download and update maps, always download maps before traveling for the best experience. More travel tips are available in the ELEMNT Travel Help Guide.
- Always Rotate Map:
When enabled, the ELEMNT's map rotates to keep the top of the display oriented in the direction of travel. If disabled, the top of the map will always face North.
Toggle various workout options.
- Auto Pause:
On by default, Auto Pause prevents workout data being recorded during periods of inactivity. Workouts resume automatically when activity is detected. Disabling records workout data at all times unless manually paused.
- Auto Lap:
Off by default, Auto Lap can be set to create a new lap after a given distance or time.
- Strava Live Segments
Available to Strava Summit subscribers only, use this page to toggle various settings for Strava Live Segments.
- Planned Workouts
Customize settings while using planned workouts.
Setup WiFi directly on your ELEMNT to use automatic uploads, receive firmware updates, update maps, or sync multiple routes.
- WiFi Network:
Select a network and enter a password. See Connecting the ELEMNT to WiFi for details, limitations, and troubleshooting.
- Automatic upload:
Toggle automatic uploads of completed rides to authorized services individually or in total when your ELEMNT connects to WiFi.
Alerts and Info:
- Show messages:
Toggle whether messages and email (iOS only) are displayed on the ELEMNT during a ride when the app is connected. See ELEMNT Alerts and Notifications for details.
- Show phone calls:
Toggle whether phone calls are displayed on the ELEMNT during a ride when the ELEMNT app is connected.
- Show phone calls:
Use Do Not Disturb to disable alerts for set period of time. While the time length is set here in the app, this function is enabled directly on the ELEMNT by pressing DND when an alert appears.
See ELEMNT and Companion App versions, or view legal attributions.
START YOUR WORKOUT:
- Turn on your ELEMNT by holding the left side button.
- Optional: enable features like Live Tracking and notifications by pairing with the ELEMNT Companion App. Keep your phone on you to continue using these features.
- Optional: press the PAGE button to display the map where you can select an imported route to use while you ride.
- Optional: quickly press the left side button to access Settings, then scroll to PLANNED WORKOUTS to select a planned workout
- Optional: quickly press the left side button to access Settings, then scroll to select INDOOR when pairing with a KICKR or SNAP.
- Press the START button to begin your workout.
- Saved nearby sensors will automatically connect when active.
DURING A WORKOUT:
The ELEMNT records temperature, elevation, speed & location, plus data from any additional connected sensors.
During the workout, the below functions are available:
- Press LAP to start a new lap (auto-lap by time or distance is accessible via the Companion App Settings menu)
- Press PAUSE to temporarily pause recording of your workout.
- Press PAGE to change the displayed workout page or see the map.
- Use the right side buttons to zoom in/out on the data displayed on a page.
- Use the left side button to see phone notifications when they appear.
- If pairing with a KICKR or SNAP, a new page becomes available for KICKR control.
ENDING A WORKOUT:
- Press PAUSE to pause the workout, then STOP to end it.
- Select YES to confirm, NO to keep the ride paused, or DELETE to remove the workout record.
Workout data is immediately available by pressing HIST on the ELEMNT, or connect to the app for additional details.
CONNECT TO 3RD PARTY APPS & SERVICES
Supercharge your training by sharing your ride and workout data with these services to see in-depth analytics and connect with others:
- Today’s Plan
- Best Bike Split
- ...and more!
Access the Profile menu in the ELEMNT app to connect and manage authorized apps and services.
Charging your ELEMNT:
- Charge the ELEMNT with the micro USB cable provided or a similar cable. The ELEMNT operates for up to 16 hours per charge.
- Gently remove the silicon dust cap covering the charging port on your ELEMNT.
- Insert the plug of the Micro USB cable into the charging port.
- Connect the Micro USB cable to a suitable power source to charge. e.g. a computer USB port, or if using in conjunction with an AC adapter, to a wall outlet.
- Avoid using Apple brand AC charging adapters - these may fail to provide a full charge.
- When fully charged, remove the Micro USB cable from the charging port.
- Replace the silicon dust cap, ensuring a firm seal to keep dust and moisture out.
- For additional battery saving advice, please see ELEMNT Battery Help and Tips
Note: For best results and battery life, always charge to full capacity. Clean and dry the charging port and surrounding area thoroughly if it becomes wet or dirty. Do not plug into a power source until the area is free of moisture or debris. Corrosion or device failure may occur with improper use.
Connecting Multiple Bikes and Sensors:
When multiple sensors of the same type are connected to the ELEMNT at once, data from the highest quality connection (typically the closest sensor) alone will be used. If one sensor should fail, the ELEMNT will automatically switch to receive data from the next-best connected data source. In other words, it's no problem to pair sensors from multiple bikes to a single ELEMNT since the ELEMNT only uses data from the closest paired sensor for each data type.
The ELEMNT measures temperature during your workout, but occasionally may display temperatures that differ from the true temperature of your surroundings. For example, this may occur when the device is placed in direct sunlight, is being charged via an external battery or is subjected to sudden changes in temperature.
Please see our expansive and easy to use ELEMNT Instant Help Guide for setup help, feature walkthroughs, and advanced troubleshooting, or contact our support team where we're always happy to lend a hand.